If you fancy challenging yourself to a trek, cycle ride or skydive, then you may want to consider taking part in an open challenge. Read on for some great challenge suggestions:
Open Challenges are provided by tour operations and will include participants raising money for a range of different charities. We would love you to raise money on behalf of the Kent Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance and there are two ways you can pay for these:
Self-Payment - Pay for your own tour cost and donate all your sponsorship to the Kent Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance. We do not set minimum targets for this kind of payment method so anything you can raise will be very gratefully received.
Fundraising Option - Each participant is given a minimum fundraising target. This will include all your tour costs as well as sponsorship money. Generally about 60% of the money raised will come to the Kent Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance but that is dependent on the tour operator.
There are a number of tried and tested challenge tour operators who have enormous experience in organising both US and overseas trips. We have teamed up with Discover Adventure, Skyline and Advocate events to offer you a range of challenges. Please see list below of some of them with a sample of their challenges and their contact details and websites. Please contact them directly for more information.
Experts in a wide range of challenges in the UK and around the world. Here are a selected few challenges we hope will grab your imagination, click on them to visit their webpage:
- South Downs Trekathon - one day walk along the South Downs to Seven Sisters and Beachy Head.
- Hadrian's Wall Weekend - a three day trek along 25 miles of breathtaking scenery.
- Lakes and Dales Cycle - a four day cycle across the breadth of the country from Cumbria to Whitby.
- London to Paris Cycle - the classic and ever popular five day cycle ride from London to the romance of Paris.
- Turkey Lycian Way and Mount Olympos Trek - a nine day trek down Turkey - south-west corner where the Aegean and Mediterranean Seas meet.
- Mount Kilimanjaro - the classic and still popular challenge of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. A ten day challenge that never disappoints.
- Vietnam & Cambodia Cycle - An exotic but relatively easy cycle from Ho Chi Minh City through rice-paddies and waterways of the Mekong Delta to Cambodia and the impressive temples of Angkor. 12 day cycle challenge.
Skyline EventsYour once in a lifetime experience of skydiving and parachuting can become a reality with Skyline. Choose from a tandem sky dive, a solo parachute jump or a professional skydiving course. Over 20 centres in the UK.
Advocate EventsExperts in Three Peaks Challenges. An all inclusive weekend taking in the three peaks of Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Mount Snowdon. All accommodation, meals and equipment included. Contact Martyn at Advocate Events.
Further InformationEach challenge requires a minimum sponsorship level.
Many people contact us about other events they would like to take part in on our behalf; whether it be the Great North Run, Dublin Marathon, treks across deserts, walking a Golden Mile or hopping, skipping or jumping across burning coals. Each and every one is a challenge and we would love to hear from you. Call the fundraising team on 01622 833833.