KM Abseil Challenges

Take the plunge to support Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance!


Event date: Sunday 12th November 2017
 

The KM Abseil Challenge will test the mettle of participants as they descend more than 100ft down Thomas Place, next to the main library in Maidstone.

On the way back down to earth, abseilers will get impressive views of the Gallagher Stadium, home of Maidstone United Football Club, as well as the rest of the county town.

Dominic Comins, organiser of the abseil on behalf of the KM Charity team said: “We are extremely grateful to Housing and Care 21 and all of the tenants for allowing us to use their impressive building for our abseils.  Hopefully the residents will be cheering on the fundraisers and perhaps some may even take part themselves.”

“Supporting good causes through events such as our abseils are a key way the KM provides help to the charitable sector.”

As this is a collaborative event abseilers can sign up to take part for the Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance, with 70 per cent of their sponsorship going to us and the remaining 30 per cent going to a children’s literacy initiative run by the KM Charity Team.

Last year’s abseil in Maidstone raised nearly £20,000 for good causes and organisers are hoping the next event will be just as successful. A prize will be awarded to the highest individual fundraiser at the event.

To view further information on the KM Charity Team website follow the link below:
www.kmcharityteam.co.uk/2016/11/adrenaline-inducing-charity-abseil-announced/
 

Luke Titmuss

“I could have lost my life if it wasn’t for the air ambulance”

10 year old Luke was walking home from a park, when he collided with a car as...

Read on
Read other stories How to get involved Keep us saving lives